Warning! I am not a videographer. The videos you will see in this blog are all raw footage directly from the classroom! I hope that they still give you a good vision of what happens in violin class and how you can help your child at home. This weeks homework is to practice violin statues.
Here is what you need to know about violin statue:
1. Start in rest position: feet together, violin tucked under the right arm, bow is also in the right hand under the pointer finger (we call that "bow hooks")
2. With the left hand, grab the violin by the "violin shoulder" underneath the neck of the violin
3. Go out (left arm should be straight in "out")
4. Upside down (see video- the scroll of the violin should go backwards)
5. bend your arm and put your violin on your head- scroll should be pointing directly to your left
6. drag the violin all the way down the side of your face until it lands on your shoulder
7. pick up your chin and turn your head to the left, land your chin on the chin rest
The video should help and having your child watch should bring back fond memories from class!